Saturday, March 16, 2013

030213: Tahereh Mafi (plus Ransom Riggs!) Book Signing


Imagine: Me jumping up and down because I found out the Tahereh Mafi was coming to Philippines for a book signing. Me realizing that my parents won't probably allow me. Me asking my Papa for permission. Me jumping up and down again, but this time, because my Papa allowed me to go! I WAS SO EXCITED.

Want to know more? :)


One of the reasons why I was so excited: Authors rarely go to the Philippines. I remember some going here, but it was either I am not a fan of their book or I couldn't go. For several years, I was so disappointed- hoping for that my favorite authors would find the time to go here. I wanted hear what they have to say about their books. I want to ask them many many things. Hey, a girl can really get tired watching authors' interviews in Youtube, you know! 

Imagine my face when I found out that Tahereh Mafi and Ransom Riggs were coming to the Philippines! I nearly died (but I tried not to because well, I have to see Rasom and Tahereh. Haha!). I thought my parents wouldn't allow me because I still  have to buy the book (I was too broke to buy a copy. I only have e-book copies.). Fortunately, they did! They gave me money and I bought copies of Shatter Me and Unravel Me. Sadly, I accepted the fact that I wouldn't see Ransom Riggs (he was going to have his book signing the next day on a  different bookstore). I was too shy to ask for more money. :( 



I was too early for the book signing! But thankfully, my number was on 20's! In that case, I wouldn't have to wait for HOURS. While waiting for Tahereh Mafi, I was getting nervous. I didn't know why! I swear, my hands were shaking for no apparent reason! Maybe I was afraid to talk to her? :) Ha-ha. THEN SHE CAME. People started shouting. I wanted to shout but I was just with my forced-to-go-with-me sister, so NO. To my surprise, Ransom Riggs was with Tahereh Mafi! I think I squealed a little inside when I saw them. I was beyond excited!



Tahereh Mafi was so awesome! It was so easy listening to her. She was like an old friend telling me a story. I don't know how many times I laughed. She and Ransom answered some questions from the audience too! I didn't ask, because you know, I'm too shy for that kind of thing. Next time, yeah? :) 

Then.. I found out that Ransom Riggs was also going to sign books! Again, Imagine: Me frantically texting my mom to get me a copy of his book (told you, I'm too broke to buy books. Only have ebooks I'm so poor huhu). Me nervously looking out for my Mama. Me trying to calm myself. Me Happily thanking my Mama. Me nervously waiting in line. 

It was my turn. I probably looked nervous, happy, scared and awful at the same time. I was face-to-face with two authors. We talked for about two (?) minutes. Gaaaaah, thank Lord Voldemort, for calming me and not knotting up my tongue. I was too happy. Happy bookworm. 
Thank you National Bookstore for this event! You made a lot of bookworms happy that day. Unlike everybody else, I didn't meet new friends that day(awkward anti-social penguin). But hey, meeting Ransom Riggs and Tahereh Mafi was enough. 

My book reviews: 


*Going to post the book review for Destroy Me tomorrow.  

Xx, 
AC

No comments:

Post a Comment